Manager, Information Technology
Voicebrook is the leading provider of reporting solutions for pathology. Our solutions assist laboratories in quickly and accurately diagnosing disease, providing patients with the best opportunities for positive outcomes. Founded in 2002 by veterans of the healthcare and speech recognition industry, Voicebrook is based in Long Island, New York, with more than 60 employees and contractors working across 20 states and three countries.
Voicebrook’s reporting solutions help labs save time and money while improving the quality of patient documentation and care. We've utilized our deep understanding of pathology reporting, information systems, and user workflows to create the most successful speech-enabled reporting solutions in the industry.
The Manager, Information Technology role is a remote (work-from-home) position that will manage all aspects of Voicebrook’s technology infrastructure and be a major contributor to business process automation efforts, helping continually improve efficiencies and drive company goals.
As the ideal candidate, you are excited by Voicebrook’s core purpose of “Helping Patients Get Results” and share in our BASIC core values (see below). The purpose of this role is to ensure Voicebrook is appropriately covered in all the following areas of IT. It also assists in driving continual improvements to business processes/functions across the company by way of technology enablement and automation.
Key responsibilities and challenges
- Managing all aspects of Information Technology, including:
- Business Applications
- Partnering with business unit leaders to develop a shared and mutual understanding of business goals and processes.
- Bring an understanding of technology to help guide business units on the best way to solve problems.
- Always seek to unify similar technologies rather than allowing business units with similar needs to become divergent.
- Managing contracts and vendor relations, with a focus on ensuring that all aspects of the services/solutions being procured are being leveraged.
- Network and System Operations
- Manage the connectivity our devices, balancing efficiency and security.
- Manage our Long Island NY network and office systems.
- Manage all infrastructure, both in on-premise and hosted environments that support the business (does not include Voicebrook Product environments).
- Technical Support
- Providing hands-on technical support to all employees with a focus on customer satisfaction and efficiency.
- Expanding and maintaining documentation that allows the best possible balance between self service and excellent user support
- Equipment and Service Management
- Building and managing infrastructure lifecycle programs, with a focus on proactively assessing/monitoring environment and avoiding downtime.
- Manage all business critical environments,
- Develop a long term strategy for the most effective usage of available technologies.
- IT Security Management
- Proactively manage all environments and policies, using a combination of education and technology to propagate the best practices necessary to secure our business and it’s data.
- Be aware of the latest in threats and tools to combat those threats.
- Business Applications
What you will accomplish
- You will make a direct impact on the future of our company and your importance will be felt by our customers and employees
- You will play a critical role in our future growth
- You will join a passionate team that is focused on three things: #1 building amazing products, #2 building successful client implementations and ongoing interactions, and #3 building a great place to work every day
- You will grow professionally while having fun
Things that describe you
- You’re experienced in all things technology infrastructure, and have managed networks, servers and desktop infrastructure.
- You have managed infrastructure and supported end-users for a remote/multi-location organization without physical access to all users and devices.
- You have advanced working knowledge of Salesforce and can demonstrate significant understanding of how to optimize information and automate business processes.
- Even though you’re an infrastructure wiz and can build anything from scratch, you recognize the value of leveraging hosted solutions or outsourced services that enable the company to focus on what it does best.
- You thrive in an environment where you’re able to solve problems without much structure, and are aggressive in seeking out information needed to be well informed and make the best decisions.
- Your ability to communicate complexity is excellent (oral & written), and you are able to communicate with highly technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- You welcome a good debate/challenge/devil's advocate view of the team’s opinions/recommendations, and are focused on getting the best outcome for the customer and company.
- You have a good instinct for high urgency situations and know when to throttle up your energy in response to a critical issue or outage.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, initiative and the ability to accept and mitigate risks.
- You have a keen ability to analyze and solve problems both independently or within a cross-functional team environment.
- You take pride in identifying and solving technology needs, both for individual employees and across the whole organization.
- You are self aware, and are continually looking to improve yourself (knowledge, skills, abilities).
- You love technology and proactively maintain a fresh understanding of the latest and greatest technologies in the market, and can provide technology thought leadership.
- You have a bachelors degree or equivalent with a significant technical focus.
- You are open to infrequent travel to Voicebrook’s headquarters in Lake Success, NY if needed, likely not more than 1-2 times annually.
Some things that are not required,
but may help you perform this job
- You have previous experience with administration of GSuite, LastPass, LogMeIn, GTA or Zoom.
- You have good working knowledge of business processes related to service organizations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Nuance and/or other speech recognition technologies.
What we can offer
- Competitive compensation based on experience with medical / dental / life / disability / 401K.
- A flexible work-from-home environment, generous PTO policy, and generous maternity/paternity plans.
- An opportunity to be part of a company that is the leader in its field.
- A highly transparent leadership team.
- A tremendous opportunity to have a significant impact on the company’s success.
- A company that focuses on its people, our purpose, and our values.
Our "BASIC" Values
- Balance: I’m comfortable in my role and I have harmony between my personal and work life.
- Accountability: I’m responsible for my own actions and I am committed to being transparent, fair, reliable, ethical, authentic, and to always act with integrity.
- Success: I’m going to do whatever is necessary (and more) to deliver the outcomes that our clients expect.
- Interaction: I’m creating connections and a feeling of inclusion and collaboration with my coworkers and clients.
- Change: I’m intellectually curious and committed to learning new things to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced world.